This blog is about making, baking, caking, a bit of gardening and some completely ramdom thoughts.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Alice in Wonderland








When my best friend asked me to make her daughter a birthday cake...whom just so happens to love Johnny Depp, I jumped at the chance to make "Alice in Wonderland". This was an exhausting cake, and might I add, almost wasn't. I was already running on very little sleep, when I actually dropped the top teir on top of the bottom one as I was stacking the two. Fortunately, only the side of the bottom cake was messed up a bit and I was able to hide it with a little extra buttercream. Even though this cake took a good deal of time, I do wish I had had just a little more. I would like to have added the rabbit, the stop watch and maybe a couple other details but since it was my gift to her, the birthday girl didn't mind, she loved her cake and by the way, am I the only one that thinks the little fat guys are kind of creepy?

No comments:

Post a Comment